Ticket booking hacks
For those who are passionate about visiting new places, traveling must never stop. One key reason for traveling being expensive is exorbitant airfares. If you are a person who travels all the time, you can’t always wait for the festive season to come where most of the airlines like Turkish Airlines offer discount sales and deals.
It is a well-known fact that everyone loves deals and discounts and that makes us excited. The carriers flog their air tickets, even long-haul flights like Mumbai to Mauritius flights when they are looking to fill their seats. But it is not always essential that the flight tickets are available like this. There are certain hacks and tricks that let you save considerably on your airfares.
Interested to know what are these tricks? Then read on and save big:
- It is all about timing: For domestic flights, an ideal time for booking tickets is estimated to be about 47 days before the departure date. But when it comes to international destinations like the Mumbai to Mauritius flights, it largely depends upon the date of travel, airline services, and the destination city. Even when you know the travelling date for sure, being overzealous and booking it a year before the expected departure date is not advisable as the rates are expected to be on the higher side.
- Go incognito: Yes, you heard it right. Thanks to latest advancements in the IT field, all your cookies and website details are always monitored and recorded. This is the reason why you almost every time see a higher price when you visit the website for the second time. One way to avoid this is to use the incognito or the private mode in your browser. If you want to use the standard mode, don’t forget to turn off the cookies or use another browser.
- Compare the fares: Comparing the airfares is a child’s play with numerous flight comparison sites like Skyscanner, Kayak, and Momondo. Even if you are in a hurry, don’t forget to compare the fares across more than a couple of airlines. Also, while searching for flights to a particular destination, keep your dates flexible so that you know when the best time to fly is.
- Opt for different airlines: It is always easier and cheaper to book round-trip air tickets. But then, be open to different flight timings and keep your dates open and check all the available airlines, you will surely strike a cheaper deal.
- Tuesday is the magic day: Flight fares are always the highest on weekends. Avoiding long weekends is always essential to crack cheaper deals. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are the ideal days to travel at much lower rates. It is always a joy to get flight tickets at reduced prices, and it just adds to the happiness of a travel and journey.